Friday, June 24, 2016

Florence Day 1
Sunday, June 19.
Ok, let me start by saying that McKenna is the official photographer (she has the cool camera) and I am the navigator (I have the phone with data), so I won't have many photos, if any at times of this trip until later. When I have them, I'll post them on my blog so you all can enjoy them too.  
Well, Neither of us slept very well, but we had church at nine thirty am. It took us about fifteen minutes to walk there, which is nothing really compared to other distances we have had to walk. Church was really good too. The chapel is nice and the members are as well. Luckily for sacrament meeting they had a translator, gospel doctrine was in English because most of the recent converts speak English, and relief society the sister missionary translated for us. Guys, Italian is hard. I looked up online basic important phrases we might need to know and I can't pronounce most of it. I have no idea how Italian works and my french only helps a little when reading Italian and not much when listening. Oh my goodness, this week is going to be fun. I more fully appreciate going to France knowing the language enough to get by. After church our plan was to go home and eat, then head out to explore a little, but there was a huge thunder/rain storm, so we stayed indoors for a while instead. McKenna took a nap. Good thing I'd bought so much pizza. We had enough for today now. Ya, pizza for all three meals. Tomorrow we'll eat in the city or cook. Turned out perfectly. After the storm stopped we decided to go for a walk. It was too late to really go anywhere far, so we went to the park across the street. We were getting really antsy staying in our room. The walk did us good. It was also nice to not really do anything though, to be able to recuperate a bit. Sundays are a gift from Heaven. 
                                                    Here's the LDS Chapel in Florence. :)


Pictures taken at the park. It wasn't really that dark when we were out walking, but I don't know how to fix the lighting on my phone very well and I liked how they looked.
This is how the lighting really looked. The belle tower to the left belongs to a really cool, old church built in the ten hundreds. After it was abandoned by the monks, a rich dude turned it into a villa. Now it's a church again I think. We couldn't go inside because it was closed by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment