Sunday, June 19, 2016

The Beach, our Final Exam,and the Russian Orthodox cathedral
Thursday, June 16
Today after sleeping in, which was fabulous, Haley and I finished our final exams, not so nice, but necessary. After turning in our exams, Haley, Maddie and I headed to the beach, so Maddie could collect sea glass and Haley could take pictures. Plus it's the beach! Not a sunny day though, rainy actually. After the beach we went to the Russian Orthodox church. It took us about a half hour to get there. The church is quite small. I expected something more, but it's still pretty. After the church we chilled until our last group dinner. We went to a restaurant  down in Old Nice. It was really good and comme d'hab lasted for hours, so that when we were done we went back to the hotel for the rest of the night. It was cool to see Nice during the night with all the lights and to see the city be alive. I'm gonna miss Nice.
 
Isn't Haley adorable? She's so happy. :)
 

 
Not to brag or anything, but I captured some pretty good wave moments.
                                                           Maddie! Love this girl!
Here's the Russian church! During the Russian monarchy many would come to Nice for vacation. After the fall of the Czar, some nobility fled here permanently. This is why they had this church built.  
 
I'm not sure what all these things are because everything was in Russian, but to the left you'll find the crown, and special things for the pope? Some important saint on the right I think.
 
Pretty isn't it? Good things come in all sizes.
 


 
 Here's what I had for dinner. For dessert, it's a meringue covered/floating in creme with nuts on top. It was basically a giant marshmallow floating in delicious  cream. I couldn't eat it all though because i'm not so into marshmallows and it really was huge. Plus I was full from dinner.
Isn't old Nice nice? The men light up in all different colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment