Thursday, June 2, 2016

Get Lost and Explore
Today we had our quiz in class. Fingers crossed on how that went. Good news today. Le Bras allowed us to extend our paper deadline by a week and also to cancel class tomorrow. The best thing he could have done. :) I'm so excited to sleep in and be able to just stay home tomorrow. I'll be able to get things done and just relax. Today, McKenna, Carson and I did the Get Lost walk. It was raining, so we did half of it on a bus. The point of the get lost walk is to just go somewhere, anywhere randomly and observe, explore the city with out having a time limit or an destination. That's what we did. We hopped on a random bus and rode it to the end and then did that again. Carson didn't join us for the second one. It was fun to see the city, much of it we've already seen on foot through the walks. It never gets old though and there's always something new to discover. McKenna and I seem to be drawn to Montparnasse. We end up there all the time and today was no exception. The candy shop we went to was there and when we left, our second bus took us back there. It's a great part of Paris and I guess it likes us too. Fun train problems on our way home. We made it as far as the town before Croissy/Chatou before the train terminated for who knows what reason. Probably a strike. There weren't any buses going to Croissy, so we ended up having to walk there. It probably took us about forty minutes or so. Loads of fun. We got to see more of Chatou and walk along the Seine, so it wasn't too bad. A bit cold and windy though. Tonight was our last dinner with the family. Bittersweet. There was a guest at dinner tonight. A friend of Veronique. She's nice. Dinner was good. I tried a gizzard for the first time and I liked it. McKenna didn't try it. Too bad. Here's to trying new things. :)
This is what all my hard work going down the drain looks like. My poor fingers. So long calluses.  
Got bored while waiting for the group meeting and decided to draw one of my favorite french gardens. Brownie points if you can name the garden.
Candy cigarettes that we found at the candy store in Montparnasse. I thought about getting some as a joke for my mother, but thought better of it. :)
                                       This is a picture of the Seine today. Getting higher.
I accidentally bought coffee at the bakery. Yay french and bad hearing. I used it as a hand warmer, so as not to waste it.
This is the Seine by Croissy. Half of the tree is under water. Cops have been patrolling the streets a bit putting out a warning,  but no worries guys. We're perfectly safe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment