Wednesday, June 1, 2016

La marche au Bastille
Wednesday, June 1
Well the test is over, hopefully I didn't fail it, and there is a quiz tomorrow that i'm probably going to fail. Yay. It didn't rain much today, though it was overcast. The walk was cool, but I'll be honest; I just wasn't feeling it today. I was sore and stressed about being behind on schoolwork and just plain tired. We finished about three pm. After which I headed home and did homework until dinner, which was good. We had rice, veggies and chicken. I'm caught up on homework now, though I still have the paper to write, homework for tomorrow to do, and the quiz to study for. Whatever. Who needs sleep. Not this girl. I'm sorry I've gotten bad with including details about my day. Being behind does that to me. Plus, I've never been good at that. It's like journal writing, which I almost never do. So much work and our days here are very much the same. We see and learn knew things everyday, we have class everyday, and I come home and do homework until I can't keep my eyes open. Those other experiences that we have as a group throughout our days are those that you just had to be there to experience and to understand. Life is good. I'm just not good at recording it. Forgive me.  McKenna and I had a "Lord of the Rings" moment today. We were walking up the stairs to class this morning when McKenna just collapsed on the stairs and starts crawling up them. She said that she had no energy and felt like she was having a Frodo on the volcano moment. I took that to mean that I was Sam, so I said, "I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you." Then I commenced to try picking her up over my shoulders and to carry her upstairs. I couldn't stop laughing though and couldn't make it further than the first step. Apparently Haley recorded part of it. Carson said we were pretty loud and he was wondering what the commotion was from the classroom.  :) Bonding moments. 
                                  This is a ...framboise from le Gayshoc. :) It's super good. Kind of like German pancakes with fruit in it, but not.
While waiting for Maddie to get out of class, we had a economics lesson by McKenna. She's practicing for being a TA in the Fall. We're proud of her.
This is a monument put her at la Place de la Republique in commemoration of the republic. It was built in 1883 during the Third Republic. It's the most vandalized monument I've ever seen. It's kind of cool though. This place is where lots of strikes and protests begin. Also where the hipsters hang out.  

This is the canal St. Martin. It connects underground and eventually to the Seine. It's a pretty view and there are bridges all along the canal.

We watched this boat go through the levels of the canal. It was pretty cool to see it first hand and not just read about it.
I spy a giant ice cream cone.... I have a nac for finding giant things in Paris.
I saw this and thought of my mother, so mom, if you're reading this, This is for you.
This is the building that houses the winter circus. It opened in 1852 and houses thousands of spectators. Pretty awesome. I imagine it's like Le Cirque du Soleil from Canada, but for France.
This is a bouler chocolat. It's basically a ...word that I can't think of at the moment, covered with some sort of chocolate creme. I didn't like it very much.This is the fist thing I've tried that I haven't liked.

La Place de la Bastille. This monument marks the place where the prison, Bastille used to stand before it was destroyed during the revolution and it's fragments used to build a bridge. Lines mark where the Bastille wall used to stand. It's now a metro station. The monument was built in 1883 to honor those who fought in the July revolution of 1830. The remains of over 500 victims of the revolutions of 1830 and 1848 rest at the base of the statue.

No comments:

Post a Comment