Monday, June 20, 2016

Le Musee des Beaux Arts, Beach, Cleaning, and Goodbyes.
Friday, June 17.
Today Maddie and I went to our second museum, le Musee des Beaux Arts. It was a cool musee, not too large, but not too small. Some paintings were not my favorite. The general style was more classical with some more modern styles in there. Some Picasso etc. After the musee, we walked to Fraganards in Old Nice. Maddie wanted to get some perfume for her mother. I convinced her that la Belle Cherie was the best scent and she is now the proud owner of a small bottle of it.  We got back around two thirty to Haley who was kind enough to make us lunch. I'm gonna miss my roommates making me food all of the time. After lunch we went to the beach. It was super windy the whole day, so the ocean was super choppy and the weather was slightly chilly. I was cold, so I stayed on the beach, but the others were crazy and went into the water for a few minutes. I went as far as my knees, which with the waves meant that I got decently wet. Too cold for me. Fun times though. After the beach we went back to our hotel and cleaned up the place for check out, ate dinner, blogged, chilled etc. We'd said goodbye to Carson earlier that day. He left for Paris to show his mom around. Parting is such sweet sorrow. Maddie leaves early Saturday morning. We had a banana, one piece of bread, and butter left, so I decided to make us some fried bananas. I've never actually made one before, but it turned out really well. I've converted Maddie anyway. This might have been at midnight. What better time to do  it right? Said goodbye to Maddie before we went to sleep, since she was leaving around five or six. Good luck in England kid. Catch you back at the Y soon.
Passed this little gem on the way to the musee. Why can't we all get a long like these guys?
                        It was a bit of a walk to get here, but we made it and it was worth it.
 

 
I love the lighting in the picture on the right. :)
 

This artist has a seriously messed up mind. The paintings are very symbolic, but creepy. The one above is one of the less creepy ones.
 
Left: The three fates.
 
The flower market and a giant chair!
 

 

 
Some more boring wave pictures. :)
 


Having fun at the beach! 

No comments:

Post a Comment