Saturday, June 4, 2016

Last weekend in Paris: A Day at the South Market and St. Trinity church
Today McKenna, Carson, Maddie, and I went to the market on the south end of Paris. Last time we went north. This area was a lot less sketchy and the vendors were much nicer. The market is less expensive then the other one too. Still generally expensive, but not nearly as much. I made a friend while seeking shelter from the rain. This lady was selling these really pretty Japanese tea cups from the eighteenth century. I was looking at them when it started pouring. We chatted until the rain settled down. She is super nice. I bought something from from a vendor and we started chatting. The usual where are you from, why are you here, oh you actually speak french, love the states/California/San Diego etc.  His vendor friend across the way joined us. They thought I was sixteen. That made me happy actually. I don't look old yet guys. :)  They nick named me the american baby because I look so young.  The vendor friend gave me some food to try. Pig and a baguette. I know that some food is better to stay away from, but I didn't want to be rude, so I took a piece and tried it, but threw the rest away after I left. It was good though. They were very friendly. They even gave me a deal on my second purchase because they liked me. It pays to make friends you guys. After the market we went to the Trinity church. It's very pretty. We wanted to give Notre Dame one last visit before we left Paris, but the line to get into the church was insane! It went through the square and around the corner, so we opted out of going inside again and walked among the Bouquanistes until we found a metro that wasn't closed. A lot of them are closed for construction I assume. Then home ward bound to be responsible. In front of Hotel de Ville they are having a carnival/parade which made it really hard to get to Notre Dame, but we worked our way through the crowds of costumed people and might as well be naked women to the bridge leading to the church. Basically this carnival was a mini version of Carnival at Rio or Mardi Gras. That was an unexpected experience. Fun in Paris you guys.
This clock sculpture inspired by Doli, I find interesting because right behind it they are advertising apple watches. Talk about a time portal.
 

 
This is the Trinity church. It was completed in 1867. It's quite lovely. A newer style then most churches we've seen.  It's dedicated to the Godhead if you couldn't tell.
This is a painting of Christ getting baptized by John the baptist. A bit different then depictions I'm used to seeing of this event. Got a lovely discussion going about the bible and its many interpretations by people.
 

Update on the Seine. Levels are rising everyday. This is the same place I showed you guys earlier. Look how much higher it's gotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment