Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Le Centre Pompidou-A Note to Modern Art Lovers: Don't Read
Wednesday, May 18. For those art lovers who ignored my warning in the title, this whole post will most likely be making fun of modern art. Call me narrow minded, stuck in the past, traditionalist, whatever you want, but this is how I feel. Yes, I love the sound of my own voice, and yes I think I'm funny. ;) To be clear, I do appreciate the style, technique, effort, and symbolism behind many pieces of modern art, but there is a point where a line is crossed and it becomes ridiculous. That is all. I'm sure there are those out there who agree with me. If not, let's agree to disagree. May the modern art gods not strike me down for my following comments.

      Today  this is all we did before going home and preparing for our optional travel this weekend. Haley, McKenna and I are going to London!!!!!! I'm so excited! My host mother gave me a small scare today. I was working on homework in my room when I heard a crash and a moan. I raced up the stairs and found my mother on the ground, with the fallen coat rack beside her, clutching her leg. Lidwine came down the stairs soon after me. We checked to see if she was ok, cleaned up the coats and put back upright the coat rack. Poor thing. She'll be ok, but she was limping when I went back down stairs. Anyway, I've got to finish my homework so I don't get behind when I get back. Toodles.
This is a french tongue twister that I learned today. It's really hard for me to say in case you were wondering.

Found this church by the modern art museum. Don't know which church it is, but we plan on going back to find out tomorrow. The contrast of the art in front to the Gothic church in back is interesting.
Le Centre Pompidou is a interesting piece of architecture in and of itself. Not attractive to say the least, but interesting.

Ok, I'm pretty sure that Picasso was like, "I'm gonna paint something strange and see how many people will believe the touching symbolism that I make up for it." When he said he didn't paint the war, he was just being honest.

What the freak am I looking at? The title reminds me of Grout from "Guardians of the Galaxy."

Some artistic movement that requires painting shapes. I could have painted that and become famous. What was I thinking? Oh ya, I didn't live in the year 1923. Darn.

Just why? I can't decide if the painting in the back ground reminds me more of search lights  and bubbles or a hot air balloon.








Look, I found Pinocchio!!! He seems to be missing other parts of his body.... Maybe he was buried by lava and this is all that's left of him.

This guy's not very happy. Probably because he saw this dude sketching him and knew it wouldn't be a flattering portrait. It's a sketch of an acrobat, but he looks like a skeleton with glasses who's kept some of his hair to me.
This piece makes me upset. What did these instruments ever do to you Mr. Artist? This is like taking a beautiful, perfectly good piano, smashing it, putting it in a museum and calling it art. Yes, I'm fighting for instrument's rights. ;)

Carson in deep contemplation over these canvases with splotches of paint on them. Do you think he found the meaning of life?

Again, Why?

This dude is known for his straight lines that he does without using a strait edge. This one is of New York City. Haley says that if you stare at it long enough, it actually looks like the title. I'm sorry Haley, but I think I would have to stare at this painting until I'm old a and senile before seeing New York in this. Maybe I can see a general shape or outline of the city...
This is part of an traveling art piece. Motorcyclists in Aftica put different sayings like this one and about art and life on their bikes and rode them in a huge group from one museum to another. This one basically says, "The only way to be followed is to run faster then the others." Great advice, isn't it?
This room looked pretty cool with the lights and shapes. It's supposed to reflect the shapes of DNA, but I don't really see it. What do I know though.  

No comments:

Post a Comment