Thursday, May 5, 2016

Montparnasse and the Garden de Luxembourg! (A Walk in the Garden)
Wednesday, May 4th. This walk was super nice and relaxing. We really just spent it in the Garden. We had to walk there of course and we saw a few other things, but otherwise we looked around the garden and just relaxed. It was super nice. After the garden we got Gelato and looked around in a shop nearby before parting ways with Carson and heading home. Tonight was a dinner with the family night. We ate sausage, baked potatoes and salad for the main course. The rest was the usual, except this time my yogurt was lactose free. Not bad actually. Tonight when we had come home, we set off the alarm and didn't type in the code fast enough, so the police called out parents to make sure everything was ok. They tried to talk to me about it, but my brain wouldn't french. I was so glad when McKenna finally came up stairs. Oh life. Gotta love these moments. Hopefully I can redeem myself. I don't have much to write about today. It was nice to relax and to still get stuff done. Tomorrow is a holiday, which means I get to sleep in!!!! So excited. Love you! 
Pretty much the only sky scraper in Paris. Sticks out like a sore thumb doesn't it?
 
These are restaurants that famous artist used to hang out at all the time. Le Dome is down the street. Thought i'd bask in their glory for a sec before moving on. After all, Picasso was here. I walked on the same ground as Picasso. No big deal, it's cool.
Statue of Jewish soldier, Alfred Dreyfus was a French artillery officer of Jewish background whose trial and conviction in 1894 on charges of treason became one of the most tense political dramas in modern European history. France is ashamed of how this went down, so they moved the statue to some random place where no one will really see it,.. but I saw it. ;)Shh
 
Had lunch in the garden today. It was a perfect day for a pic-nick. Soaking up the sun while we're at it.


Bird watching. I actually found birds that weren't pigeons or crows in the garden, but I  didn't get a picture. Too bad.

Artemis!!!!!

 
There are twenty queens or prominent women statues around the garden. They watch over the garden and the palace where the senate meets.
 
Found this beautiful fountain made for Catherine Medici, but she was exiled by her son, because of interference in his life, before the fountain was finished. Too bad for her. They did a great job. There's even fish in it!!!!
Decided to just relax, read a book, take naps, and just soak up the nice day for a while before continuing our walk.  I put that in exact order of events. Behind us is the palace. My view of palaces/castles has changed from amazing stone structure that you'd see in Ireland to a mansion, All of the castles we've been to have been mansions or slightly large houses. Still super cool, don't get me wrong, but not what I pictured.
Kid riding a donkey. They also have ponies. I wanted to ride one. 

Orangerie

Me discretely taking a picture of the guys playing chess in the park.  I'm so sneaky. They didn't even notice. This whole section is full of chess tables. I don't know why, but I was super excited to see this.
Typical Parisian; cigarette and all. 

 
We found one of the statues of liberty!!!! This one is just a replica of the original, which was taken down and stored for conservation purposes. We plan on seeing the twin later on. The twin is the one pictured in "Inception" and "National Treasure two."  This one just gets left out apparently.

This theater holds marionette shows!!! We missed it today, but we plan on coming back later.
Elderly people playing that Italian bowling I mention in a earlier post. Carson was riveted to this game. We practically had to drag him away.  

They have bees homes!!!! Made McKenna nervous, 

Haley practicing her choke hold. For our hw we needed to find things in the garden and then check them off. We found all of them except people practicing martial arts, so we improvised. They never said it couldn't be us. 


 We got gelato!!!! This place is super good and they make the gelato look like a rose. So pretty. This was my first time trying a macaroon. It was good, though not what I expected.
I love old things!!! This is a old looking notebook and a quill pen. Inside the ship they also have a seal and wax kit. Someday i'm going to have these things and use them to send letters to people. Maybe i'll make my own,
Maybe you can't tell in this picture, but his sheep is evil. His eyes are red and his stare is mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment